mandag 31. mars 2008

Calligraphy at Liberty of the Seas


I have been so fortunate to have been comissioned to make calligraphy pieces for two of the largests cruice ships sailing in the Carribean Seas - Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. Both times I got only about a week to finish 5 large scale pieces with quite a lot of text.

The texts describe the artwork on board the ships and the theme of the artwork. The comissioners could have just written the text on the computer and just print it out, but instead they decided to use a calligrapher to write out the texts.

I never had a chance to take a photo of the pieces after they had been framed. Just by chance I did get someone to take photos for me from Liberty of the Seas. Above you can see one piece beeing made, showing my pencil marks etc., under that one of the finished pieces in glass and frame. If you click on them you will get a close up.

Ingen kommentarer: